Thursday, April 26, 2012

What is the best ATI Graphics card for video editing?

I am looking for a lowish cost (around £50/$70) graphics card for my dads pc. It needs to be good enough to cope with hd video editing in Vegas or Movie Maker and will never get used for any kind of gaming.

I thought perhaps the HD5450 or HD4650 but I don't know enough about the importance of DDR2 v 3, 512 v 1GB or 64 v 128 bit. I obviously know which is better, but not how important they are in relation to editing over say gaming.

Am happy to pay a bit more for the right card but don't want to waste money on features and spec that he will never use.

The PC spec is Phenom 965 AM3, 4Gb ram, Asus M4A78LT-M Motherboard, Windows 7 64bit



Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.|||To be honest, I didn't even read the rest of the question, but let me just tell you that the graphics card isn't all that important for video editing. It's more important that you have a powerful CPU.|||Id say go with spending a bit more money and grab a 4850. Its definately worth it.



http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131365

No comments:

Post a Comment