Thursday, April 26, 2012

What is the best ATI graphics card for around 200 that will run in crossfire mode?

im looking at the radeon 4800 series but im unsure as to which card will work best. i will be using a PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot. computer power and compatibility will not be a problem i just have to decide on a graphics card. i will be running 2 cards in crossifre mode after i decide on a card.



please tell me of a specific card not just the series.



i will be doing gaming as well as photo and video editing.



thank you|||The 4800 series is a very good choice, and I would suggest on getting the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as… item here. It's not only decently under $200, but it's an exceptionally powerful card with Crossfire capability.



Enjoy!|||$200 for both cards, or just one of them?



The Radeon 4770 is cheap (around $100) and pretty decent performance-wise (just a notch under the more expensive 4850).|||cuuzzz it high tech|||if you want to spend $200 total, get two 4850s as they are $100 each.



if you are looking at $200 each, look into the 4890.



you can also get the 4870 x2 which is two 4870s on the same card in crossfire. its the same as getting two 4870s but it only takes up one slot. the 4870 x2 is about $380.|||XFX has an HD 4870 comes with a dual lifetime warranty they are on tiger for about 160$ that's the 1 gig of GDDR5 memory models. I just sold the one I bought brand new for 120$ thats 80$ less than what I paid because of how hot/loud they run and the card was took to much juice imo. I hear the 4770's are amazing in Xfire though and are cheap to buy and also a lot less power hungry/noisy to. I recently dropped my crossfire rig for SLI but if I had to build another id use the 4770's.

No comments:

Post a Comment